Let’s face it, we are human. We get unmotivated or fall off the tracks time to time. When life happens and nothing ever goes according to plan, this is the list I want you to repeat over and over until your self-confidence goes from Zero to Hero.
NINETEEN THINGS THAT MEAN SUCCESS, ACCORDING TO HUFFINGTON POST READERS:
- Doing something impactful and loving every minute of it.
- Finding the good in life’s imperfections.
- Realizing that your contribution to the world is valued, if not by others, by you.
- Making a different by teaching others to achieve success.
- Living and loving fully, without shame and without apology.
- Promoting a just cause, such as the fight against ethnic profiling.
- Going to the beach every day!
- Making your family happy.
- Playing an active role in achieving gender equality.
- Having the ability to control your own schedule.
- Being healthy- and having a job that helps other other do the same.
- Having the strength to try, try again-even when you fall flat on your face.
- Being proud of yourself.
- Doing your best and being grateful for everything good in your life.
- Finding a healthy balance between a loving home and a career you enjoy.
- Having people in your life who can always make you smile.
- Loving what you get to do for a living.
- Knowing that your daughter will be able to stand up for what’s right and is not afraid to be herself around others.
- Learning to be in the moment instead of constantly going, going, going.
How did you begin your career as a makeup artist? Burning Desire and my fascination with people, color, and making beautiful things. I finally went with my gut feeling and committed to my dreams. A goal without a plan is simply a wish without burning desire. Do not procrastinate. Burning Desire following terms: Passionate. Driven. Purposeful. Focused. Determined. I started booking for backstage runway shows for local fashion designers, commercial photo shoots, and bridal events. Self-confidence and not being afraid to say “Hey, my name’s Julie. I am a makeup artist.” to everyone I meet.
How has makeup influenced you? With makeup you can do anything. This relationship is a devoted consumed with obsession pledged. I love how makeup provides the need and want for everyone, beauty is for everyone.
”If you want to move forward in life, you have to make it happen for yourself.” – Oprah Winfrey, self-made female billionaire.
What are your favorite makeup products? M·A·C has a huge range of products. And there are products which you can make do so many different things and products that just work wonderfully well when you use them in the way they are conceived to work. STROBE Cream is a daily staple in my kit. Face and Body foundation works perfectly on everyone. Have a set bag ready to complete touch ups during “first looks” and be ready with body moisturizer and a concealer palette to correct any imperfections on exposed skin.
What is your favourite feature to make up? Lips, great way to wear vibrant lipstick and manage for it not too look too sophisticated is to apply the lipstick, remove excess with a Kleenex and then use a clean lip brush to blend the lip line and remove that way any hard edges. I am obsessed with shades of red, burgundy and magenta. I believe it comes from my early years of being captivated by women in my family transforming their appearance with the application of rich lipstick colours. I think everyone remembers their first encounter with makeup, either applying it or watching someone else apply it, and then having the realization of its transformative power.
How would you describe your uniqueness as a makeup artist? The art of Observation is very important. Knowing how to look at face and see the distinctive features and nuances that make that face unique. Second, Listening, you have to really listen to what the client wants and be able to translate that into art.
“I was a woman with a mission and single-minded in the pursuit of my dream.” - ESTÉE LAUDER
How do you start a makeup look? You have to start with the love of doing makeup. Once you realize that, it makes moving forward that much easier. Lay out all the colors, textures, powders, creams, and paint palettes that inspires you and go front here. Make face charts to pre-design your looks before presenting the Look to a client. You can try many different ideas before deciding on the finished design.
What’s your current take on the fashion industry? Forward thinking, confidence, and authenticity is fashion. Growing is all apart of the process so learn with the trends and it will keep you interested. Find a couple of mentors that can give you advice and knowledge and help you with your skill set. My fashion mentors are Sara Blakely and Tory Burch, both self-made female billionaire that built business from the ground up. It’s hard work, but never stop dreaming and keep moving.
“Believe in your idea, trust your instincts, and don’t be afraid to fail. It took me two years from the time I had the idea for SPANX until the time I had a product in hand ready to sell into stores. I must have heard the word ‘no’ a thousand times. If you believe in your idea 100 percent don’t let anyone stop you. Not being afraid to fail is a key part of the success of SPANX.”
- Sara Blakely, CEO Founder SPANX
This month is all about soft Kiss Proof Lips Kits
Matte, gloss, sheen, silk, satin, velvet.. What kind of finish are you looking for?
I would like to recommend another female entrepreneur HUDA Beauty. She has launched her own cosmetic company and they are sold out every where. HUDA Beauty Lip Kits get them while they’re in stock.