Hi lovelies and welcome to the confessions of a makeup junkie featuring JulieMissJuicy The Makeup Artist.
It’s safe to say that I’m addicted to all beauty products and today I wanted to share with you all some fun new makeup trends and techniques for Spring/Summer 2014.
I learned that it’s discipline that gets you from Point A to the often elusive Point B. What ever you want to do in life never give up on your career, dreams and goals. I stayed true to the gift I’ve been given, and I don’t want to have regrets in my life. I’m prepared to take risks and dedicate myself to creating new things. Discipline turns into habit; and habits are very addicting.
I would like to first give a special shout-out to my beautiful big sister Diana, despite our arguments and our differences, you are still the most important person in my life. Thank you for introducing me to the world of makeup. Happy 28th Birthday, sis!
JulieMissJuicy Recommends on Lips:
MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Elegant Accent
At $26 a pop, these lipsticks are a lot more expensive than the MAC’s regular lipstick line. And boy, are they worth it. Elegant Accent is described as a “mid-tonal warm rose cream” which is pretty on the ball in terms of description however on me, it shows up with subtle coral undertones.
FEATURED TIPS FOR LIPS:
Use Prep & Prime Lip Primer before applying your lipstick. It goes on cream and sets. This product has natural vanilla extract and makes them soft and smooth for an easy application.
“When shooting a lip that has a specific shape use a lip pencil and (#212 Flat Brush) to perfect the shape by coloring the pencil on a palette or on the back of your hand and picking up the color with a lip brush.” – Keri Blair, M·A·C Senior Artist, North America
MAC Snob Lipstick $16
This is definitely worth the purchase, it’s the perfect pink. It’s not too much or too little, just enough. When I am not sure of what to wear, I always go for Snob. It’s great! The colour isn’t extremely long wearing and you will need to touch up during the day, but as for the colour it’s perfect for any time of year or any occasion.
Do you want to freshen up your look this season? The fastest and easiest way to change your new look is buy adding some new eye products to your makeup bag. Check out some of the Hot trending items.
How to talk with your Eyes:
MAC Fast Response Eye Cream $31
To reduce the look of dark circles, JulieMissJuicy Recommends Fast Response eye cream ~ Is a super-charged, caffeinated cream with instant effects. De-puffs, erases the look of dark circles, firms, soothes and softens skin around the eye. Special optics act like magic to fade away lines. I’ve heard nothing but positive feedback with this eye cream product that I had to buy a tube for my own mother to use daily. She loves it when I bring her beauty products to test and try out.
FEATURE TIP: MAC 263 Small Angle Brush is a great multifunctional tool for your professional kit. It’s easy to achieve that perfect winged eyeliner with this small angel brush and can be used to define fierce brows.
Who’s all going to watch the new Disney movie “Maleficent” performance by the powerful Angelina Jolie?! According to the USA Today Review..
"Angelina Jolie powerfully conveys her character's menace. Though with red glossed lips and sculpted cheekbones — minus the putrid-green complexion — she's a more glamorous incarnation."
WATCH: Disney’s Maleficent Makeup Tutorial by dope2111
JulieMissJuicy Recommends Skin Care
‘Prep + Prime Skin Smoother’ Primer $30
A velvety skin-perfecting primer that instantly fills in fine lines and wrinkles, Prep + Prime Skin Smoother contains powerful antioxidants, evens skin tone and mattifies while softening the skin. A convenient compact makes it perfect for on-the-go moments.
Using MAC 187 Brush will give you a smoother texture before applying your foundation.
MAC BRUSH CRUSH 163 Flat Top Contour Brush $35 is a new and limited edition brush designed to be used with MAC’s Pro Sculpting Creams.
This summer, avoid an overly powdered look. Try Blot Powder where needed, or with a larger brush like the #150 or the #129 brush, shake excess powder out and apply lightly in the center of the face. Set with FIX + for a softer look.
JulieMissJuicy Recommends Beauty Books
“Forever Chic is more than tips and tricks on being our better physical and stylish selves—it is full of lessons on how to be a better person. The book’s strength lies in its anecdotes and wisdom on how women…can be more present and committed to living a fuller life of kindness, generosity, openness, and adventure.” ~Women’s Voices for Change
Popular Highlights from this book:
- Looking good is the best revenge. Age has nothing to do with it. Self-respect and pleasure have everything to do with it.
- Wit, charm, and informed intelligence are the coins of the realm. Add elegance to the mix, and the result is an intoxicating cocktail of fascinating femininity.
- Living a beautiful life is about style, simplicity, intelligence, and generosity.
- She has too much self- respect and self- esteem to be unconcerned with her appearance.
- A Frenchwomen knows her strengths, conceals her weaknesses, and almost never- except with her closest friend- talks about her fears, failures, or flaws. We Americans have a tendency to tell everyone everything too quickly in a relationship, perhaps in an attempt to be liked. And sometimes we come to regret.
- “The smallest effort has major rewards, everything from setting a dining table with care- every day- to getting up, getting dressed, and getting out there to see what adventures the new day holds.”
- They spend serious money on their hair, which they consider an essential investment – thus no bad- hair days, one fewer concern. No accessory or item of clothing goes back into the closet with a stain, a button missing, wrinkles. Details, details, details, Discipline, discipline, discipline.
- “It’s a privilege to be a woman; every woman should abuse that privilege. Forget the past. Do everything according to love, pleasure, and passion.”
So now we are coming to an end on my MAC Technique notes.. I hope you utilize and learn some new tips and tricks.
My goal is to not make money, but to help as many people as I can with my skills and knowledge.
“Hard work beats talent.. When talent doesn’t work hard.”
MAC Products JulieMissJuicy Reccomends