Makeup ArtistWe don’t wear makeup to look pretty. We wear it because we enjoy the process of putting it on. The ‘natural look’ makes us cringe & bright colors are more fun. We don’t do it for the boys. We do it for ourselves. Eyeshadow is our drug. Sephora, Ulta, & MAC are our dealers. Makeup isn’t just materials but your passion…
JULIEMISSJUICY’S CURRENT FAVORTIE
Prep + Prime Highlighter Radiant Rose $25 Highlighter pen is one of the most amazing makeup innovations of the past few decades. It contains light-reflecting particles, which bring forward recessed areas if the face and hide minor flaws. This is not a concealer- it is a highlighter (I stress this because many women are confused about the pen’s use). It works by highlighting (bringing out) recessed areas, such as the dark shadows created by bags, wrinkles, deep creases, and the inside corners of your eyes, and making then look even with the rest of the face. Be sure to choose one that looks fresh and natural.
MAC Pro Medium Palette (NC30, NW25, NC35, NW35, Mid-yellow, Mid-peach) $40 perfect for concealing flaws great coverage and versatility. Packed with four different shades of Studio Finish Concealers with two Studio Finish Correctors, the Conceal and Correct Palette comes in a sleek, clear case the same size as MAC Eyeshadow Quads. There are four sets of colors available – Light, Medium, Medium Deep and Dark.
Studio Fix NC30 Powder Compact $27 is a dual-finish powder that provides quick, convenient, sheer-to-medium coverage and is packages in a nice neat compare. It is formulated for normal to oily skin; on dry skin, it looks chalky. It goes on like a pressed powder but contains emollients and pigments that provide more coverage than a pressed powder. It’s perfect for young women, because it is low in oils and moisturizers and doesn’t clog pores, which helps cut the risk is breakouts. It provides all the coverage that most young women need and is easy for them to apply. The tool you use to apply the powder determines the amount of coverage. Applied with a sponge, it gives you more complete coverage.
Tip #1: when buying powder, a good test is to touch it; it should feel soft and silky (like velvet), not gritty. Apply a little of it to the back of your hand (there is more texture to the skin there, so you will see if it catches in the lines). It should look sheer and natural. If if is too heavy (not milled finely enough), it can look dry and chalky.
- Beauty Blender with Solid Cleaner I’ve been such a fan of this product for the longest time. Makeup Artist Monica Ninh was the first to showed me this beauty gem and since then and it changed my life! I received the Solid Sponge Cleanser as a gift and it works great to clean your makeup brushes too.
- Washable, re-useable, recyclable. Can be used with all types of makeup. Use damp or dry. We prefer damp. Very versatile applicator.
- If you have problem skin Beautyblender works to cover blemishes.
“Change and greatness can be sparked everywhere, but bring it upon yourself to trigger it.”
FACT: M·A·C Cosmetic is a Makeup Global Powerhouse.
The M·A·C Cosmetic team brings you the newest techniques and trends every season, and empowers a lot of energy, strength, and skill.
- MAC Harmony is my current favorite Blush I use this for contouring every morning all year round. This product last forever!
- MAC Rice Paper Eye shadow $15 works perfect as a base on my eye lid it is versatile, shows up well, and does not fade. Really brightens up my eye
- MAC Woodwinked Eye Shadow $15 if you can’t tell is my absolute favorite in my kit. I like to blend it in my crease to give my eye more definition
- MAC Mulch Eye Shadow $15 has rich warm pigments colors that’s easy to blend and smoke out on the bottom to intensify your look.
- MAC Chilled on Ice Pro Longwear Paint Pot $20 is described as a “frosted white gold.” It’s a pale peach with a bright golden shimmer-sheen. At certain angles, it almost looks cool-toned. Looks beautiful when you Highlight on Brow Bone.
- MAC Eye Kohl Teddy $16: pencil is the most commonly used eyeliner, simply because it is the easiest to control, and if you make mistakes, they are easy to fix. This is perfect because this glide on smoothly and makes then easy to smudge and blend. Wood pencil you can control the point; sharpen before each use, because the sharper the point, the better the application.
While I was working at Dosha Salon and Spa 5th Avenue. I was fortunate enough to meet and work with the Dosha Creative Team. We came up with “The Great Gatsby” inspire theme for the Bridal Looks. It was so refreshing being with a group of focus, extremely detailed and amazing Artist and Stylists.
I love seeing how everyone’s ideas, transforms into visions, and seeing the end product.
It is all about Confidence, Grace, Elegance, Beauty, Romance, and Passion.
Check out some of the looks from the Dosha Bridal Campaign Ads Spring / Summer 14′
Bridal Gown – Designer Cocoon silk
SMASHBOX Full Exposure Black Jet $19.50 was my go to mascara for the Bridal Makeup. No clumps, no flakes. Just maximum-impact, scene-stealing lashes.
- 104% increase in lash volume
- 32% increase in lash length
- 34-degree increase in lash curl
Tip #3: For professional results after you’re done Highlight and Contouring your face, apply Ben Nye Banana Power to help set your makeup, use the pointed end of the Beauty Blender stipple and twist technique for a perfect finish
THE ADVANTAGES OF BEING A WOMAN ARTIST:
- Working without the pressure of success
- Not having to be in shows with men
- Having an escape from the art world in your 4 free-lance jobs
- Knowing your career might pick up after you’re eighty
- Being reassured that whatever kind of art you make it will be labeled feminine
- Not being stuck in a tenured teaching position
- Seeing your ideas live on in the work of others
- Having the opportunity to choose between career and motherhood
- Being included in revised versions of art history
- Not having to undergo the embarrassment of being called a genius
Naomi would like to share some of her Master pieces she did at Gymboree Play & Music. Today she painted a Fruit Basket and Valcano using recycle brown grocery bags and seashells. Now she is 4 years old and is in Level 7: and attending School Skills Classes, Art III, and Sports II.
Gymboree teaches learning, confidence, and social skills that play a key role in enhancing a child’s success at school.
This is a great way to inspire your child’s imagination and self-expression with a world of hands-on art activities. Through painting, sculpture, drawing, collage, dramatic play and more, Gymboree classes encourage confidence and support artistic potential. Art III elf-expression and artistic exploration through a hands-on, multimedia experience. and Sports II Classes is Kids only! They get to have fun, get some exercise and learn about team-building through fitness-inspired activities. Activities focus on developing the skills involved in soccer, basketball, baseball, volleyball, flag football, hockey, racquet sports, track and field, and golf.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG PAPA BEAR!
WOW YOU ARE 59 TODAY!
WE LOVE YOU!
Thank you for always treating me like a million bucks and for always being there for me and understanding me. I hope that this next year brings you lots of happiness! Happy Birthday!
When I was at Creative Team Meeting each of us was asked to write down our strength and weakness. My strength is my flexibility to handle change. My greatness weakness is l get easily intimidated, especially if l am around people who are more educated than me, that l lose focus and make silly mistakes and even forget things l am good at. ln times like this, l usually try and learn, concentrate more and advance my self in what l know best so that l am the best in my department.
It is your sole responsibility to inspire, encourage and drive those around you to succeed. What inspires you?